- What is Infectious Disease?
An infectious disease is any number of diseases resulting from an infectious organism. The practice of infectious disease is a medical specialty which aims to prevent and treat infectious processes.
- What does an Infectious Disease physician do?
Specialize in diagnosing and treating complicated infections.
- When do you need to see an Infectious Disease physician?
When your doctor thinks the expertise of an infectious disease provider is needed to treat your infection.
- What is infusion therapy?
Infusion Therapy is the method in which intravenous medications, including antibiotics, are administered through an intravenous catheter (IV) or Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter (PICC).
- Can I do my infusion at home?
It is always our goal to provide you with the ability to perform your infusions in the comfort of your home; however this benefit is not covered by all insurance plans. Our billing specialist will be happy to discuss your individual benefits package to determine if you are eligible for this service.
- What if my Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter (PICC) comes out?
Don’t panic! Check to see if the PICC line is completely out or just a small length was pulled out. The PICC line extends several inches inside the vein. If the PICC line is still in the skin, tape it in place. If it has completely come out, apply pressure on the site for 10 minutes. Either way, contact your doctor right away. If you feel it is an emergency, go to your nearest Emergency Room.
- How can I get my prescription filled?
Please call your pharmacy with your refill request and they will send the request to our office with all the needed information. Please allow 2 business days for prescription refills to be sent to your pharmacy.
- What do I need to do if I need to reschedule my appointment?
Please call our office at (208) 338-0148 during office hours to reschedule your appointment.
- Who do I call if I have a question about my bill?
Please call our office at (208) 338-0148 and you will be directed to our billing specialist.
- Who do I call if I have an urgent medical question?
You can call our office at (208) 338-0148 and we will attempt to triage your phone call. If you feel that it is a true emergency please call 911.
- What if I just need my labs drawn?
Please call our office at (208) 338-0148 to schedule a lab draw appointment.